THIRSTY COWBOY BATTLE FOR THE JAM
Let the Battle for the Jam begin!!!
Have a great band and want play in front of thousands inside Thirsty Cowboy’s Saloon at the 2018 WGAR Country Jam...Then also perform on the MAIN stage at the 2019 Jam...plus much more? Then register today by clicking HERE!
Don’t have a band? No worries! Come out and cheer them on! Join WGAR at the Preliminary Rounds July 5th, July 12th, and July 19th with the Finals on July 26th!
Thirsty Cowboy is located on Rt 18 & I-71 in Medina.
Battle For The Jam Rules, Regulations, Scoring Criteria and Prizes
Battle For The Jam Rules & Regulations:
- Bands must submit entry form found on Thirsty Cowboys website by June 15, 2018.
- Band must be prepared to play a set of at least 1hr at Thirsty Cowboy on one of the following dates, July 5th, July 12th, or July 19th the sets may be shortened based on the size of entries.
- Finals will be held on July 26th.
- All competing bands are strongly encouraged to promote spreading the word regarding the Battle For The Jam event, crowd interaction and response will be part of the judging criteria.
- Any distasteful behavior, and/or damage to The Thirsty Cowboy or surrounding equipment or supplies will result in an automatic disqualification, and bands will be held liable for any damage.
- Judging is done on a 1 -50 scale by 2 judges and crowd vote. The 3 criteria on which the bands will be judged are explained below. The final criteria, however, will be crowd reaction. BRING YOUR FANS!!!
- Thirsty Cowboy will not be held accountable for any broken equipment, injuries, or any other negative occurrences outside of our staff’s control.
Judging Scale and Criteria:
- Music (This criteria is based on clarity, lyrical content and overall musical performance) 1-15
- Stage Presence and Crowd Interaction (This Criteria is based on how well the band "rocks out" and how well the band connects with the crowd) 1-10.
- Appearance and Personality (This criterion is based on the overall look and personality. If you want to be a country star, you need to look the part!) 1-5
- Crowd Applause (The key ingredient to stardom: THE FANS!) 1-20
- In the event of a tie the crowd vote will be the determining factor.
What Winners Get:
- To headline The Thirsty Cowboy Saloon in front of thousands of people at the WGAR Country Jam on August 18th, 2018.
- Band to play the MAIN STAGE at WGAR Country Jam the following year in 2019. (Last year’s attendance 23,000 people)
- 20 tickets for the WGAR Country Jam so friends and family can come out to support you at the Jam. We suggest doing some social giveaways to drive your bands awareness.
- A custom stage back drop for your band that is yours to keep (4'x8').
- A Saturday Night booking at Thirsty Cowboy this fall, and opening slot for a national act during 2018-2019 concert season.
- Radio and Social Media exposure for your band.